The Statistics – Don’t Lie – Why Team Building is Essential for Every Corporate Group
Team building is one of the most important investments a company can make.
It builds trust, mitigates conflict, encourages communication, and increases collaboration. Effective team building means more engaged employees, which is good for company culture and boosting the bottom line.
Recent studies and surveys including the Forbes 2000 Survey 2017 have shown the importance of team Building as an essential tool to create greater Engagement and Collaboration amongst staff members.
Here are 10 recent statistics that back up this claim:
- Companies with engaged employees make 2.4 x the income
- 75% of employers rate team work and collaboration as ‘very important’
- 86% of employees believe that coworkers in their organisation don’t collaborate enough
- Disengaged employees in the US cost their organisations between $ 450 & $ 550 Billion annually
- 90% of leaders site an effective engagement strategy as essential for business
- 37% of employees say that ‘working with great teams’ is their primary reason for staying
- Highly engaged employees are 87% less likely to seek employment elsewhere
- 99.1% of people prefer working in teams where people identify and discuss issues truthfully
- 75% of communications professionals reported that internal silos create the greatest communications channels
- Organisations can improve productivity by up to 25% by connecting with employees