The 3-star Everglades Hotel is situated at the foot of the Inhlosane Mountain, deep in the southern foothills of the Drakensberg Mountain Range, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
Whether on business, dining socially, or on a getaway with the family, you are assured of an unforgettable experience with us, as our establishment is wholly orientated towards service excellence. We offer the best of both worlds: superb family holidays as well as superior conferencing and wedding facilities. We can accommodate up to 110 guests in 52 rooms. Situated close to the mountains, and on the popular Midlands Meander, Everglades guests are sure to enjoy memorable days in the valley. There are excellent walks, hikes and bird-watching, culminating at ‘the Cascades’ water fall, and numerous farm stalls, local pubs and arts and craft places of interest to visit.
The Everglades Hotel offers a wide variety of accommodation, ranging from Standard Rooms and family suites to Superior Rooms overlooking the golf course and finally our plush new Executive Rooms.
All accommodation is en-suite, some rooms have baths and others showers, however a large proportion have baths & showers. Other facilities are TV, telephone, radio/alarm, heater and tea/coffee making facilities in the rooms and our executive rooms have DSTV. Our interleading family rooms are able to accommodate up to 6 guests, in either twin or double beds.
Standard: Our standard rooms are comfortable, well appointed with either bath/shower, tea & coffee making facilities, telephones, local TV, heaters. Set in park like gardens, some with private patios, others leading onto surrounding gardens.
For those who want a budget holiday, with comfortable en suite rooms, our standard rooms are just for you, saving those extra rands for other little treats.
Superior: Our superior rooms have beautiful views of the mountain, surrounding countryside and the golf course. These rooms are spacious, well appointed with extra touches, en suite bathrooms and showers, tea & coffee making facilities, telephones, local TV, heaters or under floor heating and patios.
These rooms are well situated on the Golf Course, looking onto the mountain, with superb views of the Dargle Valley. For those who want a little added comfort these rooms are for you whether you are a family or just the two of you.
Family Suites: Families are also catered for with our interleading family rooms accommodating up to 6 guests in up to three bedrooms. Set in park like gardens with private patios.
Your stay at Everglades Hotel includes breakfast, or dinner and breakfast daily, served in the atmospheric dining room – where meals are either served plated or, when there are large numbers, as a delicious buffet.
- Our Chefs bid you welcome to Everglades Dining Room, where we offer, on a daily basis, a Table dï¿½ Hote menu, consisting of a variety of menu choices.
- Our cellar carries a wide selection of South African Wines to suite every palette, while the open fireplace provides a relaxed and comfortable dining experience.
Children are accommodated in a separate childrenï¿½s dining area, their meals are served half an hour prior to adults.
At the end of your invigorating, stress-free day, what a better way to enjoy your evening and make new friends, than in “The Wattle and Daub Pub”, where the indomitable Robert Shabangu will entertain you with song and dance.
There is also even the Copper Kettle Cafe, offering light country style meals, coffee and friendly service.
Also, please note that the Hotel will gladly prepare a picnic lunch for your day’s outings on request.
Everglades Hotel offers:
- Bowls, Par 3, 9-hole, Golf Course and Driving Range, Swimming, Tennis and a fully equipped Gymnasium.
- Our Everglades Wellness Centre will pamper your every sense, from facials, Hot Rock massage, waxing and grooming treatments to complete a total relaxation experience at Everglades.
- In addition, The Everglades offers table tennis, and a grass court suitable for volleyball and badminton.
- The Inhlosane Mountain offers an invigorating hike, with scenic views of the southern Drakensberg and excellent bird-watching opportunities, culminating at The Cascades Waterfall.
- Surrounding The Everglades, one can enjoy the many arts and crafts destinations on the famous Midlands Meander.
- Children are most welcome, and facilities for the little ones include: childrens dining area, trampoline, organised entertainment (over peak periods) and baby sitters (available on request)
The Everglades Hotel & Conference Centre is set in 13 ha of parklike gardens in the beautiful Dargle Valley at the base of the imposing Inhlosane Mountain, just 34km west of the famous Midlands town of Howick – Kwa Zulu Natal – South Africa.
The Hotel offers four superior conferencing venues, catering for either large seminars, or smaller, more personal, management-type meetings. The Everglades can accomodate up to 110 delegates in 52 rooms, ranging from Standard to Superior and finally our plush new Executive Rooms.
Delegates, removed from their workplace to the tranquil surroundings of the Everglades, are empowered towards relaxation and stress-free productivity.
All rooms are in a scenic garden setting, with views of the surrounding countryside. Amenities include en-suite bathroom, local TV, heater, radio/alarm, telephone and tea/coffee making facilities. Several Superior and all Executive Rooms have underfloor heating.
Our fully inclusive conference package includes:
- Competitive rates – indvidually designed to meet your requirements and needs
- Free use of conference venue and attached breakaway rooms, with all facilities
- Superb cuisine – catering for all tastes
- Refreshments on table during conference, and morning and afternoon cream tea
- Individually arranged seating in all our conference venues
- A wide range of sporting and recreational facilities
- Secretarial assistance by prior arrangement
- Resident conference co-ordinator, to assist your organising team with final arrangements so you may be assured of a focused business conference.
Specialised Features of the Everglades Conference Venues: (additional charges apply)
- Team building activities – designed to meet your skills and needs
- Theme evenings / gala dinners / braai, potjie or spit roast
- Champagne breakfast at the top of the Inhlosane!
- Access to desktop PC with Internet connection
- Fax and photostat facility